Crime

Joseph Duggar Asks Court to Be Allowed Near Abuse Accuser’s Home Despite No-Contact Order

Melissa Roberto

Published

on

joseph duggar
Washington County Sheriff’s/MEGA

Joseph Duggar has filed court documents requesting permission to be within 500 feet of his alleged abuse victim’s home, according to a new report.

As In Touch previously reported, the 31-year-old is accused of sexually abusing a minor during a 2020 family trip to Panama City Beach. He was arrested on March 18 and charged with lewd and lascivious molestation of a victim less than 12 years old, and lewd and lascivious behavior conducted by a person 18 or older. He has pleaded not guilty.

Joseph, an Arkansas native, was extradited to Florida and later released from jail after posting a six-figure bond. He has been ordered to stay 500 feet away from his alleged victim’s home in Florida, and to have no unsupervised contact with any person under the age of 18, including his four children with wife Kendra Duggar.

However, according to new court documents obtained by Entertainment Weekly, the disgraced former reality TV star is now asking the court for permission to work on six properties that fall within the restricted 500-foot zone.

“The continued No Contact Order in its present form is causing issues with the Defendant being able to maintain the properties listed herein,” the court filing states, per the outlet. “The Defendant is not requesting contact with the alleged victim, nor to be within 500 feet of the alleged victim, as the alleged victim abandoned the property previously listed as the alleged victim’s residence.”

Washington County Sheriffs DMEGA

The motion explained that Joseph is seeking access to perform maintenance on the six properties, including mowing, landscaping, painting and repairing sheetrock, per the outlet.

The filing was made just three days after his legal team submitted a separate request to overturn the no-contact order involving his children: sons Garrett, 7, Justus, 3, and daughters Addison, 6, and Brooklyn, 5.

Meanwhile, In Touch previously reported that Duggar’s wife has stopped all communication with her family amid their ongoing legal cases.

In addition to Joseph’s abuse charges, both he and Kendra were also accused of endangering the welfare of a minor and second-degree imprisonment. They both pleaded not guilty.

Trending News

Better Call Saul Better Call Saul
Celebrity3 days ago

Beloved ‘Better Call Saul’ Star Shares Heartbreaking ALS Diagnosis and the Brave Reason He’s Going Public Now

News3 days ago

Casey Wasserman Engaged to Mistress, Who Sent Grotesque Emails to His Then-Wife, Amid Epstein Files Scandal

Politics3 days ago

Spencer Pratt Responds to Report That President Donald Trump May Endorse His Run for L.A. Mayor

Celebrity News3 days ago

Jessica Simpson Makes Her Kids Fly Coach Because She Doesn’t Want Them to Be ‘Entitled’

Entertainment2 days ago

Netflix’s ‘The Crash’: Mackenzie Shirilla’s Father Placed on Administrative Leave After Doc Release

Country Music3 days ago

Carly Pearce Says She Knew Marriage to Michael Ray Was a ‘Very Big Mistake’ Hours After Wedding

Exclusive3 days ago

Martin Short’s Relationship With Meryl Streep ‘a Bright Spot in His Life’ After Daughter’s Death

mackenzie shirilla and steve shirilla mackenzie shirilla and steve shirilla
Documentary2 days ago

Fans Still Can’t Believe How Netflix’s ‘The Crash’ Blew Up Mackenzie Shirilla’s Dad’s Life Overnight

Jessica Simpson Jessica Simpson
Celebrity3 days ago

Jessica Simpson Slammed for Flying First Class While Her Kids Sit in Coach: Fans Compare Her to ‘Home Alone’ Parents

True Crime3 days ago

Nancy Guthrie Update: Sheriff Says He’s No Longer in Contact With the Family — ‘It Works Both Ways’

B.J. Novak and Mindy Kaling B.J. Novak and Mindy Kaling
Celebrity2 days ago

Mindy Kaling Finally Breaks Silence on B.J. Novak Dating Rumors and Sets the Record Straight About Their Relationship

Celebrity News2 days ago

Tom Brady’s Stiff Gucci Runway Walk Has Model Ex-Wife Gisele Bundchen Amused