Spencer Pratt has racked up quite a tab at the luxurious Los Angeles hotel where he’s living as he campaigns to become the city’s next mayor.
On Friday, May 22, The Los Angeles Times reported that the 42-year-old former reality TV star’s campaign has spent $15,000 at Hotel Bel-Air, comprised of 10 separate payments since April 7, according to campaign finance filings.
Per the outlet, $14,900 was earmarked for “Candidate Travel, Lodging and Meals” and about $600 for “Fundraising Events.” Additionally, $1,800 was spent on Komos Tequila for an event.
APEX / MEGA
As In Touch previously reported, the political hopeful and his wife, Heidi Montag — with whom he shares sons Gunner, 8, and Ryker, 3 — tragically lost their Pacific Palisades home in the 2025 L.A. wildfires, which motivated him to run for office.
In April, Pratt released a campaign video on X, claiming, “This is where I live,” while standing in front of an Airstream trailer.
However, on Wednesday, May 13, TMZ reported that Pratt was living at Hotel Bel-Air, while Montag, 39, and the kids were residing in Carpinteria, California.
ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA
Pratt told the outlet that after getting death threats, he moved to the 5-star hotel as the property has “its own armed security,” and noted, “I have never told anyone I lived there,” referring to the trailer.
“The reality is the Bassholes and Ramaniacs are a little bit whacko, and since I destroyed them in the debate, and am surging in the polls, they are getting increasingly desperate and hostile,” he said, regarding his political opponents, Karen Bass and Nithya Raman‘s supporters. “I can’t talk about specific threats, but that lot is … unsafe now.”
Pratt seemingly brought his two residences together in a campaign ad on Monday, May 18, as he parked his trailer at the Bel Air Hotel, while rapping to his own rendition of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song.