News

Veteran Fighting Katy Perry Believes Orlando Bloom Has Key Information in $5.5 Million Battle

Ryan Naumann

Updated

on

Katy & Orlando
NEW YORK, NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 10: Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry are seen going to dinner on November 10, 2023 in New York City. (Photo by Gotham/GC Images)

Orlando Bloom was issued a subpoena as part of his fiancée Katy Perrys legal battle with an 85-year-old disabled veteran — and In Touch has the exclusive details on why the actor was dragged into the drama.

As In Touch previously reported, last week, a subpoena was fired off by Carl Westcott’s legal team to Orlando, 47, as the businessman continues to fight the pop star in court.

In 2020, Carl sued Katy’s business manager, Bernie Gudvi. The 1-800-Flowers founder said that he agreed to sell his Santa Barbara, California, mansion to Bernie, who was representing Katy, 40, in the deal, for $15 million.

However, Carl said he was heavily medicated following back surgery when he executed the deal. He said after the fog of the medication wore off; he called Bernie to cancel the deal. Carl said Katy’s team refused and demanded the sale proceed.

Katy & Orlando

In his lawsuit, Carl asked the court to find the deal was not enforceable. The first phase of the trial occurred in November 2023.

The court side with Katy and ordered the sale was enforceable despite Carl’s claims he was under the influence of prescription medication.

The court ordered the parties to complete the sale and for Carl to hand over the keys to Katy. The parties are preparing for phase two of the trial where damages will be determined.

Katy was ordered to testify. Orlando was sent a subpoena requesting he also testify at phase two. Sources close to the Westcott family tell In Touch that they believe Orlando has relevant information about the battle due to him being heavily involved in the process.

The sources tell In Touch that Orlando came to the home multiple times after the keys were turned over to Katy. On top of that, sources close to the Westcott family claim that Orlando told the property manager that he would be “fully in charge of everything” with regards to house maintenance.

Katy & Orlando

The sources claimed that Orlando has been in constant contact with Carl’s property manager.

Sources tell In Touch that Carl’s legal team believes Orlando has relevant information that they could use during phase two. As In Touch first reported, Carl’s lawyers recently revealed that Katy’s business manager has increased the amount of damages sought from $2.67 million to $5.5 million. Carl’s attorney said the singer demanded $3.5 million in damages for loss of use of the home, which he expected.

However, he noted, “[Katy’s manager] recently added another $2 million in ordinary money damages based on [Katy’s manager’s] new (and not pleaded) theory of negligence (i.e; that Mr. Westcott allegedly negligently maintained the property before he transferred it to Katy Perry).”

“It is obvious what is happening,” Carl’s lawyer continued.

“The purchase price that Katy Perry agreed to pay” was $15 million. “In stipulations this court approved in April, it was agreed that Mr. Westcott would transfer his house to Katy Perry, and she would deposit in escrow only $9 million of the $15 million price that she owes to Mr. Westcott,” Carl’s lawyer continued.

Carl’s legal team said the pop star agreed to take the amount of damages she was awarded and deduct it from the $6 million still owed on the home.

The businessman’s lawyer argued, “Not that she owns title to the property, however, Katy Perry is increasing her damages claim to as close to the $6 million as possible. The desired goal is obviously to get to buy the house she agreed to buy for $15 million for just $9 million. To accomplish this, she has recently designated 25 new so-called witnesses on the repairs the home allegedly needs.”

His lawyer pointed out, “The elderly Mr. Westcott, as the court knows, has been in a residential mental health hospital for dementia since September 2021.” Carl’s team scoffed at claims the home was damaged.

Trending News

Entertainment4 days ago

Netflix’s ‘The Crash’: Mackenzie Shirilla’s Father Placed on Administrative Leave After Doc Release

mackenzie shirilla and steve shirilla mackenzie shirilla and steve shirilla
Documentary4 days ago

Fans Still Can’t Believe How Netflix’s ‘The Crash’ Blew Up Mackenzie Shirilla’s Dad’s Life Overnight

B.J. Novak and Mindy Kaling B.J. Novak and Mindy Kaling
Celebrity5 days ago

Mindy Kaling Finally Breaks Silence on B.J. Novak Dating Rumors and Sets the Record Straight About Their Relationship

Celebrity Deaths2 days ago

‘Danny Go!’ Children’s YouTuber Announces His Son Has Died After Cancer Battle: ‘I Love You Forever’

Celebrity News3 days ago

Chelsea Handler Slams Tony Hinchcliffe and Shane Gillis as ‘Racist,’ ‘Sexist’ After Kevin Hart Roast

Celebrity News4 days ago

Tom Brady’s Stiff Gucci Runway Walk Has Model Ex-Wife Gisele Bundchen Amused

Documentary4 days ago

​​Mackenzie Shirilla’s Dad Says Netflix’s ‘The Crash’ Twisted His Words About Marijuana

Exclusive4 days ago

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Cannot Afford to Divorce: Legal Fees ‘Would Likely Bankrupt Them’

Celebrity Deaths1 day ago

Blippi and Ms. Rachel Pay Tribute to Fellow Children Performer Danny Go After Son’s Tragic Death

Health5 days ago

Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi Recounts ‘Mental Breakdown’ After Cancer Diagnosis, Son Asked If She Was ‘Going to Heaven’

Celebrity Deaths2 days ago

NASCAR Legend Kyle Busch Posted Touching Tribute to His Son 3 Days Before His Shocking Death at 41

News4 days ago

This Forgotten Reality Show Feels Completely Unhinged Now