According to TMZ, the visit has not happened yet, despite the teenager having entered treatment late last month.
Jenelle, 34, is “planning a trip to the Carolinas for spring break with all of her children and intends to see Jace while she’s there,” the outlet reported. The former reality star also shares son Kaiser, 11, with ex Nathan Griffith, and daughter Ensley, 9, with ex-husband David Eason.
The 16-year-old was placed on an involuntary hold after allegedly pulling out a gun and threatening to kill his grandmother, Barbara Evans, and take his own life, according to TMZ.
Jenelle Evans/Instagram
Barbara, who mostly raised Jace since infancy after Jenelle signed away custody as a teen mom, called the police on her grandson. Law enforcement officials told TMZ they received a call for a “troubled teen disturbance.”
Jenelle now has legal custody of her son — whom she shares with ex Andrew Lewis — after a judge signed off on a new custody agreement in 2023. However, the teen has been back in North Carolina living with his grandmother after multiple attempts to run away from his mother’s home shortly after the agreement took effect.
It’s unclear how long Jace will remain in the mental health facility.
“At this time, we have no comment on the matter. We’re unable to discuss this issue because it involves confidential personal matters,” a rep for Jenelle told TMZ on Tuesday.