
NEW YORK, NY - MARCH 21: Jenelle Evans and David Eason are seen at the Lion King Broadway Show on March 21, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Alo Ceballos/GC Images)
Teen Mom star Jenelle Evans has taken legal action against estranged husband David Eason following his recent arrest for allegedly violating a domestic violence restraining order and trespassing on public land in North Carolina.
“I’ve tried so hard to find peace and move forward, but David’s harassment just doesn’t stop. He, his girlfriend, and their friends keep interfering in my life, and it’s affecting me and my family more than anyone realizes,” Jenelle, 32, exclusively tells In Touch on Wednesday, November 13, in a statement sent via email on her behalf from her rep. “I’m left with no choice now but to take legal action to put an end to this. I didn’t want things to go this far, but if they’re going to keep dragging me into these toxic games, I’ll see them in court. I just want to be able to heal and live in peace.”
David, 36, was arrested last week and held on a $1,000 bond, TMZ reported earlier that day. The reality TV personality has since been released after making bail.
The news follows Jenelle telling TMZ that David broke into her North Carolina property on October 20 and used a bolt wire cutter to cut the locks off her gate. David, along with his girlfriend, allegedly broke into the garage, took Jenelle’s motorcycles and other belongings, and loaded them into a trailer.
In the surveillance video that Jenelle shared with the outlet, a man appears pushing a motorcycle out of the garage and placing it beside a trailer. Later, a pickup truck loaded with items drives off, followed closely by another truck. At one point, David is seen approaching one of the surveillance cameras and appears to disable it.
David was accompanied by a sheriff’s deputy who made Jenelle aware of the situation. In the video, the deputy knocked on her front door to ask if anyone was home. When the Teen Mom star replied “no” and questioned why he was there, the deputy responded, “There’s a gentleman here getting some of his belongings and I’m just standing by with him.”
“Wait, what are you talking about? Who?” Jenelle asked, and was told, “I think his name is David.” She shot back, “He’s not allowed to be in the house. There’s a no contact order. He’s not allowed to be there.”

“Yes ma’am, as long as you’re not here it’s OK. That’s why I was making sure you weren’t here,” the deputy replied.
In addition to the no contact order, Jenelle told the deputy that David was “not allowed back at the property at all because we have a bed and board order,” adding he had “one chance to get his stuff and that was months ago.”
The recording concluded with the deputy informing Jenelle that he would contact his sergeant, and Jenelle requesting that he ensure David did not enter her house.
According to TMZ, the deputy spoke with his supervisor, who confirmed David was only allowed to take his work tools and not the motorbikes.
After the deputy instructed David to return the items to Jenelle’s garage, he complied. The sheriff’s department informed the outlet that they had photos of the items David was permitted to take and advised him to hire legal representation if he wished to obtain the motorbikes and other property.
Jenelle told the outlet she plans to seek legal action against both David and the officer over the incident.
The former Teen Mom 2 star and David have been embroiled in a messy split since Jenelle filed for a legal separation from him on February 23, after six years of marriage. Listing their official date of separation as February 16, she cited David’s “erratic” behavior, “substance abuse” issues and his refusal to work as reasons behind the split.
“Throughout the duration of the marriage of the parties, the defendant has exhibited concerning and at times disturbing behavior towards the plaintiff,” Jenelle stated. The former couple share a daughter, Ensley, who was born in January 2017.