News

Meghan Markle’s Former Costar Simon Rex Was Offered $70,000 to Lie About Dating Her: ‘Nothing Happened’

Sam Silverman

Published

on

meghan-markle-rex-simon-feature
Shutterstock (2)

Now that’s loyalty. Meghan Markle’s former Cuts costar Simon Rex claims he was offered a whopping $70,000 from a British tabloid to lie about dating the 38-year-old.

“Nothing happened. We never even kissed,” Simon said on the March 16 episode of the “Hollywood Raw” podcast. “It was just, like, we hung out once in a very non-datey way. She was just someone I had met on a TV show and we got lunch. That was the extent of it.”

meghan-simon-rex-bod

Before Meghan said “I do” to Prince Harry in 2018, there were several rumors about the men she previously dated. Many speculated she linked up with Simon after they met on the set of Cuts in 2005, but truth be told, they were just friends. Following a story about her past lovers, Simon said he turned down a lot of money to exaggerate his relationship with his former costar.

“When that story broke, a couple British tabloids offered to pay me a lot of money to say a lie that we actually hooked up,” Simon continued. “I said no to a lot of money because I didn’t feel right lying and f–king up the royal f–king family.”

Since Meghan first linked up with Harry, she fell victim to intense scrutiny from the British public. In January, the couple announced they would be “stepping back” from their royal duties to try and live a life away from the public eye.

In Harry’s opinion, the royal family did not “protect” Meghan “enough,” a source told In Touch exclusively in February. “Harry’s accused the royals of treating him and Meghan differently [than] the rest of the family and says that they didn’t welcome her into the family with open arms.”

The source continued, “Harry thinks it’s unfair that there’s one rule for him and Meghan and another for his cousins,” the insider added. “The way he sees it, [Princesses] Eugenie and Beatrice are allowed to have lives outside of the family and are still royals so why can’t he and Meghan?”

Asides from being sick of living life under a microscope, the pair is over obeying royal orders. “Harry and Meghan have had enough of the negative press and rules and regulations that come with being tied to ‘the firm’ so are willing to give it all up and gradually become financially independent,” another source exclusively told In Touch. “They want their own life.”

Trending News

Legal News5 days ago

Tupac Shakur’s Dying Words to Las Vegas Cop Revealed 30 Years Later at Keffe D Murder Trial

Celebrity News4 days ago

Kim Basinger, 72, Looks Nearly Unrecognizable in Rare Beverly Hills Appearance

Exclusive5 days ago

Sydney Sweeney’s New Lingerie Brand Syrn Is in Crisis: ‘It’s Been a Disaster’

Celebrity Deaths4 days ago

Brian Hickerson’s Chilling Texts to Hayden Panettiere After 2020 Domestic Violence Arrest Revealed

Celebrity Deaths3 days ago

Brian Hickerson Breaks Silence on Hayden Panettiere’s Death

Wladimir Klitschko and Hayden Panettiere at the Best of Musical Gala 2010 at ColorLine Arena in Hamburg, Germany 2010 Credit: WENN Wladimir Klitschko and Hayden Panettiere at the Best of Musical Gala 2010 at ColorLine Arena in Hamburg, Germany 2010 Credit: WENN
Celebrity Deaths5 days ago

Hayden Panettiere’s Ex Wladimir Klitschko Releases Emotional Statement After Tragic Death

Celebrity Deaths4 days ago

Hayden Panettiere Death Investigation Heats Up as Police Reportedly Close in on Arrests

Celebrity Deaths4 days ago

Hayden Panettiere’s On-Again, Off-Again Boyfriend Brian Hickerson No Longer Cooperating With Police

Reality TV4 days ago

‘Below Deck Mediterranean’ Star Nathan Gallagher Arrested on Assault Charges

Celebrity News2 days ago

White House Fires Back at Rosie O’Donnell Over Natalie Harp Joke

Celebrity Deaths3 days ago

Hayden Panettiere’s Estranged Mom Lesley Vogel Is ‘Positioning Herself’ to Control Actress’ Estate

Celebrity News4 days ago

‘Santa Clause’ Star Reaches Breaking Point After 34 Years in Hollywood: ‘Frustrated, Fed Up, Fried’