News

Meghan and Harry ‘Beefed Up Security’ Due to Hate on Social Media

Annie Baker

Published

on

Meghan and Harry Beefed Up Security Due To Hate On Social Media
2018 Pool/Samir Hussein

Duchess drama. The royal palace is not having the racist online abuse that Meghan Markle has been receiving online. A palace insider told Radar that “the royal family is forced to be monitoring their social media feeds 24/7 because of all of the racist hate that Meghan has been receiving. It has become a great problem.” According to the source, “everyone is on edge right now and Meghan and Harry have also beefed up security on them specifically.”

On Monday, March 1, the British family released a set of guidelines to help create a safe environment for anyone engaging with their social media channels. “We ask that anyone engaging with our social media channels shows courtesy, kindness and respect for all other members of our social media communities,” the guidelines read. The palace continued to go on that the comments may not “contain spam, be defamatory of any person, deceive others, be obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory or promote sexually explicit material or violence.”

The royal family also announced that they have the right to “delete or hide any comments,” as well as “block users” who decide that they are above the rules. Haters should be careful because they are not standing down. “We also reserve the right to send any comments we deem appropriate to law enforcement authorities for investigation as we feel necessary or is required by law,” the guidelines further expressed.

The 31-year-old has been subject to the abusive hate comments on Twitter ever since she tied the knot with Prince Harry last year. However, in the most recent months, the online abuse has risen after the announcement of her pregnancy, according to CNN. Most of the hate comes toward the public profiles of the royal family and the Kensington Palace, which happens to have millions of followers on their Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages.

Radar Online‘s palace insider also revealed that the abusive comments were “not something [Meghan] ever even thought about when joining the royal family.”

The Kensington Palace is not the only ones that care Meghan’s haters. CNN has reported that a U.K based group, the Hope Not Hate group, which campaigns against racism and fascism, “analyzed a sample of more than 5,000 tweets containing the most commonly used anti-Meghan hashtag.” The study proved that 20 specific accounts were responsible for around “70 percent” of the hate tweet memes, hashtags and pictures. Some of the personal profiles of the trolls even went a step further and included specific anti-Meghan hate hashtags in their bios such as “Megxit.”

Meghan and Harry Beefed Up Security Due To Hate On Social Media

Don’t worry, according to CNN, the “Kensington Palace staff are devoting more resources to deleting comments targeting Meghan, and blocking abusive Twitter and Instagram accounts. Software is being used to filter out the use of the n-word as well as emojis of guns and knives.”

Some may say that receiving hate is the hardest part about living life in the royal palace, but honestly, getting the approval from Queen Elizabeth probably takes the cake. And Meghan definitely received it! On March 8, which is also known as International Women’s Day, Queen Elizabeth appointed the former Suits actress as Vice President of The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust. “We are particularly delighted that the first opportunity of formally working together with Her Royal Highness comes on International Women’s Day,” said Nicola Brentnall, CEO of the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust, in a statement.

Ok so, she may have haters, but she has a queen as a BFF so …

Trending News

Legal News5 days ago

Tupac Shakur’s Dying Words to Las Vegas Cop Revealed 30 Years Later at Keffe D Murder Trial

Celebrity News4 days ago

Kim Basinger, 72, Looks Nearly Unrecognizable in Rare Beverly Hills Appearance

Exclusive5 days ago

Sydney Sweeney’s New Lingerie Brand Syrn Is in Crisis: ‘It’s Been a Disaster’

Celebrity Deaths4 days ago

Brian Hickerson’s Chilling Texts to Hayden Panettiere After 2020 Domestic Violence Arrest Revealed

Celebrity Deaths3 days ago

Brian Hickerson Breaks Silence on Hayden Panettiere’s Death

Wladimir Klitschko and Hayden Panettiere at the Best of Musical Gala 2010 at ColorLine Arena in Hamburg, Germany 2010 Credit: WENN Wladimir Klitschko and Hayden Panettiere at the Best of Musical Gala 2010 at ColorLine Arena in Hamburg, Germany 2010 Credit: WENN
Celebrity Deaths5 days ago

Hayden Panettiere’s Ex Wladimir Klitschko Releases Emotional Statement After Tragic Death

Celebrity Deaths4 days ago

Hayden Panettiere Death Investigation Heats Up as Police Reportedly Close in on Arrests

Celebrity Deaths4 days ago

Hayden Panettiere’s On-Again, Off-Again Boyfriend Brian Hickerson No Longer Cooperating With Police

Reality TV4 days ago

‘Below Deck Mediterranean’ Star Nathan Gallagher Arrested on Assault Charges

Celebrity News2 days ago

White House Fires Back at Rosie O’Donnell Over Natalie Harp Joke

Celebrity Deaths3 days ago

Hayden Panettiere’s Estranged Mom Lesley Vogel Is ‘Positioning Herself’ to Control Actress’ Estate

Celebrity News4 days ago

‘Santa Clause’ Star Reaches Breaking Point After 34 Years in Hollywood: ‘Frustrated, Fed Up, Fried’